Saturday, August 4, 2012

Daycare Summary

Here are some pictures of Kai in his new daycare.  We joke, his first week of daycare, first cold and first tooth!  This week has definitely been full of firsts!  The first day I had to go alone to pick up Kai, I was holding him packing up his goodies and a little girl (Haile) asked to be picked up by Kai's primary care taker Cathy.  Cathy picked up Haile, who immediately wanted to pet Kai.  I happened to look past Haile as see another little girl with the biggest snottiest nose EVER standing behind Cathy and then I turn and Haile is reaching to pet my sweet little boy.  My initial reaction was to jerk and run with Kai far far away... but not wanting to scare little Haile I stood there meditating and stay in my head (You know she pet your little boy all day!)!!!  Needless to say, Kai came down with a cold on Wednesday and me on Thursday... good thing Ahmad was out on a business trip...  

This was definitely a hard week for me but I feel really good about where he is.  I love that it is on our work campus and I can go visit him anytime I would like.  I even had to sign a permission slip this week if we wanted to go to the zoo together!  BTW: I was not ready to sign permission slips!!!

It is really nice, they have so many activities and special events (special Art Teacher, Music Teacher, Gymboree twice a week, etc.).  I guess you get what you pay for... (Ahmad was talking about getting a nanny as it would be less expensive, but I don't think anyone could match the experiences he is getting here..which including colds!!)  

hmmm Nap Time seems so easy while in daycare
Kai's morning play circle (notice little girl... yup, i am convinced she gave Kai is first cold!)
my sweetheart
Fely feeding Kai.  He is even learning to drink out of a cup already!

1 comment: